Food truck business is lining up like never before, but if you didn’t notice yet, running a food truck business is different from a regular restaurant. Today we show you how to run the basics:
Handle The Heat of Mobile Food Business
Food truck is kind of different, because first you don’t have a physical location with an address. Second, you go the customers. You don’t wait them to come in front of your door. But, service still need to be top notch!
1. How To Sell. Even before you decide what foods to sell, you’ll have to consider how you want to sell them. You might think on the budget & potential for returns, your commitment, ideas as well as ideal demographic.
2. Planning Your Menu. You’ll find almost anything edible can be served up street side. You need to think in mind on how practical is it. Determining what to serve can be fun, but be assured that there isn’t someone have selling it on some street corner.
3. Trial Recipes. Don’t you ever start out with food you have not thoroughly tested serve to the consumers. It has to be perfect and consistently taste good as well as easy to serve in large quantities.
4. License and Permits. Yes, you need to get your licensing in order, especially to the commitment of health codes and sanitary regulations. Usually, before you hit the road, healthy inspectors will inspect your vehicle. This include, proof of ownership, record storage, identification and service support facility that meets the operation needs.
5. Location. Don’t take this for granted, instead, this element play a major factor in your success. Find some empty lots at the district or downtown area that capture everyone’s attention. It takes certain intelligence to find the best location, so never give up.
6. Concept & look. You must set a theme ; playful, mysterious, silly or whatever suits your fancy its all up to you! Foodies today are all into the overall ambience and brand of their favorite mobile food vendors. Be clever, and consistent (not confusing), and you can draw media attention for sure.
Food Truck Will Go A Long Way
Food trucks aren’t a new business idea, but there is still tons of opportunity especially in Indonesia. So, are you planning to run a food truck now? Tell us a story in the comment below as we would like to know! And there you go, happy mobile selling!